skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Law Handbook banner image

Applying for incorporation

To apply for incorporation, a person authorised by the association must fill in the form called 'Incorporation of an Association Application'. This form must be sent to the Corporate Affairs Commission, which is part of Consumer and Business Services, along with:

The forms and fees which apply are contained in the schedules the Associations Incorporation Regulations 2008 (SA) and can be obtained online or posted to you from the Consumer and Business Services.

You can also buy the Associations Incorporation Act 1985 (SA) and the regulations from

See also the Consumer and Business Services publication 'How to incorporate'.

The Corporate Affairs Commission can refuse to incorporate an association if it believes that the association's activities could be carried on better by a body incorporated under another Act. With the consent of the Minister, it can also refuse to incorporate an association if it believes it is in the public interest to do so.

Applying for incorporation  :  Last Revised: Tue Apr 16th 2019
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.