Our Community Legal Education team undertakes a wide range of educational activities to promote an understanding by the public of their rights, powers, privileges and duties.
Ensuring that the law and the legal system are accessible is a cornerstone of democracy and is essential to the effective functioning of our justice system. Information about the law is important for several reasons:
- Every member in a democratic society has a need and responsibility to be aware of their rights and responsibilities and of the rights of other members in that society.
- People who come in contact with the legal system may not be aware of their obligations or where to get information about their situation.
- Knowledge about the law can help people better identify the kind of legal advice or assistance they may require.
- Having access to information about the law and how to access legal and other resources in the community can be especially important to people who are disadvantaged.
- Legal education programs for target groups, including:
- Law Handbook
- Publications on many legal topics for the general public
- Information sessions for community groups
For information about our education and training services, please contact our CLE team at firstname.lastname@example.org