skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

If there is no Will

It is not possible to obtain probate if a deceased person has not left a will. Instead it is usually necessary to apply to the court to appoint an administrator to carry out the order of the court known as letters of administration. See Probate and Letters of Administration.

If there is no Will  :  Last Revised: Thu Nov 13th 2014
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.