This section of the Law Handbook focuses on the smaller sizes of drones that are likely to be used by people as a hobby. For those using drones for commercial purposes, see further the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (Cth) and the Civil Aviation Authority's website, and seek further advice.
The section covers:
- What is a drone (Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA))?
- Types of Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Restrictions Based on Weight
- Conditions for Operating Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- Penalties for Unsafe Flying
- Indoor Operation of Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- How to report unsafe Remotely Piloted Aircraft flights to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.