skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Banner image
need a lawyer?

Free Legal Advice

The Commission provides free legal advice and minor assistance through its telephone advice line and face-to-face appointments. Specialist advice can also be provided on Centrelink, migration and child support matters.

Legal Advice

Applying for Legal Aid

When services beyond advice and minor assistance are required (e.g. representation at court), legal aid is available for eligible people on matters specified under the Commission's guidelines.

A criminal lawyer

Criminal Law

The Commission has a specialist Criminal Law division. Lawyers from this section provide legal representation for those people who qualify for a grant of legal aid. Young people who have been charged with criminal offences are assisted by our Youth Legal Service.

Family law resources

Family Law

The Family Law Practice Division provides advice and representation in family law matters via the following services: