skip to content
Banner image

Replacing lost or destroyed documents

Below is a list of the types of personal documents that may need to be replaced after a natural disaster such as a bushfire or flood.


  • Tenancy agreement

    A tenancy agreement continues even if the document recording the agreement has been destroyed. Landlords are required to keep a copy of these agreements up to 2 years from the date of termination. If their copy has also been destroyed a new document can be created to record the agreement.