skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Banner image

Child Protection

If you are served with a notice to appear in the Youth Court in response to a Care and Protection application you need to seek legal advice immediately. Care and Protection orders are made by Department for Child Protection in cases where they wish to remove a child from their parent's care because of concerns for the child’s well-being.

Legal aid is available for representation of parents in these matters and the normal guidelines apply. If legal aid is granted a private lawyer will be provided.

An application for legal aid will be assessed as a matter of priority as there is usually very little notice given of the court date.

If you need advice or to apply for legal aid contact us on 1300 366 424 or make an appointment at one of our offices.